…and out of all the spooky things you can do during the Halloween season how about booking a cemetery tour?You can mix in some history and tombstone artistry with errie graveyard shivers. Elite Daily rounded up what it says are the best cemetery tours in the U.S.: Topping the list is…
- Louis Cemetery No. 1 in New Orleans — Some of the city’s most notable historical figures are buried here, including Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau.
- Sleepy Hollow Cemetery in Sleepy Hollow, NY— Get the most thrills with the Murder and Mayhem Evening Lantern Tour.
- Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Los Angeles— Among the stars buried here are Judy Garland, director Cecil B. Demille, and Ramones guitarist Johnny Ramone.
- Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia— This massive, more than 100-acre cemetery offers an app to help you get around and point you to must-see sites, which include songwriter Johnny Mercer’s grave and the ornate marble carvings on the Lawton plot.
- The Burying Point in Salem, Massachusetts— Some of the most notable judges from the Salem witch trials are buried here.
- The Secret Life of Edgar Allen Poe Tour in Charleston, South Carolina— This tour of spooky Charleston sites that inspired some of Edgar Allen Poe’s most famous pieces of work includes the Unitarian Church Graveyard, which is known for overgrown shrubs that seem to take over the graves. Happy Halloween!